FOOD OF THE WEEK – TUNA
A saltwater finfish found in warm seas, tuna belongs to a subgroup of the mackerel family. Tuna are streamlined and fast, and some breeds can swim at speeds up to 46 mph.
- Tuna season runs from late spring to early fall, but tuna is available in frozen steak form year-round.
- Depending on variety, tuna steak color ranges from light pink to a deep, dark red.
- As soon as you leave the fish market, get your tuna into the refrigerator. Store it in the coldest part.
- Eat your tuna within 24 hours of purchase.
GRILLED TUNA STEAKS
By: Jason Jaksetic
- 2 tuna steaks (approximate one pound each and one inch thick)
- Olive oil
- Heat up the grill.
- Brush the fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill for 2-4 minutes on each side. Sometimes less is more. You might just want that sushi-like center.
Notice: The consumption of raw or undercooked eggs, meat, poultry, seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Original Post at Spartan.com.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann