FOOD OF THE WEEK – CAULIFLOWER
White, orange, green or purple, it doesn’t matter what color your cauliflower is — it’s good for you. This winter, dine on some of this healthy crucifer from the cabbage family that is full of nutritional substance.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 4 cups steamed cauliflower
- 2 cups of the cooking water from the cauliflower
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Celtic salt
- 2 tablespoons fine herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 500ml organic tomato sauce
- 1 red onion
- 10 garlic cloves
- ½ cup olives, chopped
- Fresh herbs ( cilantro or/and basil)
- Steam the cauliflower for a good 15 minutes, or until it gets soft. Keep 2 cups of the cooking water to blend with the cauliflower in a blender.
- Use the blended mixture to mix with the other ingredients of the dough.
- Let this mixture sit for 1 hour on the counter before using it.
- Heat up a large pan. Split the dough into 4-5 servings. Cook 5 ’flatbread dough pancakes’ in the pan—1 at the time. You will need to cook them for 2 minutes on each side on medium heat. Then lay each pizza crust flat on a cookie sheet.
- Garnish each pizza with the tomato sauce and chopped herbs, onions, olives and garlic.
- If you like dairy and you wish to add some cheese on top, you are welcome to do it. If not, the vegan version is pretty tasty too.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 375F.
- You can pour some virgin olive oil on top of the pizza after cooking. This pizza can be eaten hot or cold.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann