FOOD OF THE WEEK – CAULIFLOWER
White, orange, green or purple, it doesn’t matter what color your cauliflower is — it’s good for you. This winter, dine on some of this healthy crucifer from the cabbage family that is full of nutritional substance.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 big apple
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper powder
- Sea salt
- Steam the cauliflower and apple together for about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 415F.
- Mash your cauliflower and apple together along with the oil and spices.
- Place the mash into a bowl that goes into the oven, add some cinnamon on top, and bake for 10 minutes.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann