FOOD OF THE WEEK – KALE
Kale is a cruciferous vegetable (Brassica oleracea), and is related to broccoli, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, and cauliflower. It contains many of the health benefits typically found in this group of super foods.
KALE AND APPLE BRUSCHETTA
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 1 cup diced kale
- 1 red apple
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ciabatta bread rolls (gluten-free optional)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt and fresh thyme
- Chop all the veggies and fruit into very small pieces.
- Mix pieces into a bowl with the lemon juice, sea salt and fresh thyme.
- Slice the bread rolls horizontally to have 3 layers.
- Toast the bread and spread some coconut oil on them.
- Slice each layer of bread diagonally to end up with some triangles.
- Garnish the bread with the mix of veggies and eat right away.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann