FOOD OF THE WEEK – KALE
Kale is a cruciferous vegetable (Brassica oleracea), and is related to broccoli, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, and cauliflower. It contains many of the health benefits typically found in this group of super foods.
- 3-4 kale leaves
- 2-4 tbs olive oil or Tessemae’s Cracked Pepper Dressing
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut out center stems of each leaf.
- Toss kale in bowl with 1-2 tbs of olive oil and spices. 1 tsp of each spice blend is a good place to start, unless you are craving some salt or spice, then add more.
- Pour 1-2 tbs of olive oil in baking sheet.
- Place kale pieces in one layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann