FOOD OF THE WEEK – KALE
Kale is a cruciferous vegetable (Brassica oleracea), and is related to broccoli, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, and cauliflower. It contains many of the health benefits typically found in this group of super foods.
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups kale leaves
- 3 cups red potatoes, diced
- 1 red apple
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup sprouted lentils
- In a big pot, warm up the vegetable broth with all the vegetables and fruit diced up into medium sized pieces. Don’t stress about dicing things too fine, everything will get blended.
- Let the veggies cook for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
- When it’s nicely mixed, pour the mix back in the same pot.
- Add the lentils and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann