FOOD OF THE WEEK – KALE
Kale is a cruciferous vegetable (Brassica oleracea), and is related to broccoli, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, and cauliflower. It contains many of the health benefits typically found in this group of super foods.
KALE AND EGGS
- 2 cups kale
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs olive/coconut oil
- 2 tbs almond milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 2 tbs your favorite salsa (optional)
- Wash kale in cold water and remove stems. (Learn more about prepping kale here).
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the almond milk.
- In pan, warm 2 tbs of oil on medium heat. Toss in the kale; stir; cover, and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Uncover and stir kale, pushing it over to side of the pan, making room for your eggs.
- Stir and scramble eggs continuously until cooked. Feel free to mix the kale into the egg scramble, or keep them separate. Salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve with your favorite salsa and/or fresh avocado.
- Mix in a sliced hot pepper (as hot as you want) to give this meal some kick.
- Great with hot sauce.
- Make a wrap!
- Slow cook the eggs after whisking them well for ultimate fluffiness.
Break out the hot sauce. Or throw a jalapeño into the mix. This is a high vitamin breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. Roll this in a wrap, and you have a solid starting point for a breakfast burrito.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann