FOOD OF THE WEEK – CARDAMOM
This week we continue our theme of holiday spices to work into our meals. Marked by its exotic depth of flavor, cardamom is appreciated around the world.
Herbal and floral. Spicy and sweet. With its complex flavors and full-bodied fragrance, cardamom complements a wide scope of global dishes from Indian curries, meat and rice dishes to Nordic breads and pastries to Middle Eastern drinks.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
Preparation time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes of cool down, 4 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup tapioca seeds
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- Some dried, shredded coconut for serving
- Heat up the coconut milk in a sauce pan, along with the sugar, cardamom and vanilla.
- When the milk starts to boil, add the tapioca seeds and keep stirring for 5 minutes on high heat. It is very important to not stop stirring because the pudding will burn at the bottom.
- After 5 minutes, remove from the heat and place the lid over the pot and leave it sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove the lid and let the pudding cool down completely.
- Serve with a touch of dried coconut on top.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann