FOOD OF THE WEEK – CARDAMOM
This week we continue our theme of holiday spices to work into our meals. Marked by its exotic depth of flavor, cardamom is appreciated around the world.
Herbal and floral. Spicy and sweet. With its complex flavors and full-bodied fragrance, cardamom complements a wide scope of global dishes from Indian curries, meat and rice dishes to Nordic breads and pastries to Middle Eastern drinks.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
Preparation time:10 minutes + 50 minutes of cooking, 3 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 3 big potatoes, washed
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ of teaspoon black lemon pepper
Vegan Sour Cream:
- 2 tablespoons creamed coconut paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 415F.
- Make some cuts into each potato throughout their whole length, being sure not to cut through them completely. Basically, the potatoes should still be held together.
- Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil and spices and then pour them onto the potatoes, being sure to allow the oil to get insides the cuts.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, use a small food processor to blend all the sour cream ingredients until you have a smooth creamy texture. Use this vegan sour cream to pour onto the potatoes when then are done cooking.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann