FOOD OF THE WEEK – CARDAMOM
This week we continue our theme of holiday spices to work into our meals. Marked by its exotic depth of flavor, cardamom is appreciated around the world.
Herbal and floral. Spicy and sweet. With its complex flavors and full-bodied fragrance, cardamom complements a wide scope of global dishes from Indian curries, meat and rice dishes to Nordic breads and pastries to Middle Eastern drinks.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
15 minutes, vegan, gluten-free.
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 3 scallions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Sea salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Wash the kale and chop it.
- Dice the bell pepper and scallion into small pieces.
- Toss the all the veggies into a salad bowl along with the cranberries and cooked quinoa.
- In a small bowl, mash the ripe avocado and add all the other dressing ingredient.
- Pour the dressing into the salad bowl and toss everything together.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann