FOOD OF THE WEEK – CINNAMON
This week we continue our theme of holiday spices to work into our meals. With its piquant taste and familiar aroma, cinnamon is a hallmark scent of the holidays adding warmth to seasonal favorites such as baked goods and beverages — but don’t stop there!
Cinnamon is a spice rack essential available whole in stick form or ground and even a dash can elevate a dish. It is a key spice in quick breads, pies, cookies, breakfast staples and savory dishes such as soups and stews or in rubs or marinades for roasting meats.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- coarse salt and black pepper
- ½ cup Tessemae’s Ketchup
- Heat your oven to 450.
- Half the sweet potatoes lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into 4-6 long spears (depending on the width of your potato.)
- Spread the potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet and toss with Lemon Garlic, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake until browned on both side, 5-10 minutes more.
- Serve with ketchup for dipping.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann