FOOD OF THE WEEK – HONEY
Honey is a popular alternative sweetener for refined white sugar in baking and a match for a cup of tea, but there are so many more possibilities for this nectar.
ROASTED & CARAMELIZED GINGER HONEYDEW MELON SKEWER
- 8 cubes honeydew melon, about 1×1 inch
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup onion, diced large
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or bragg soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh graded ginger roots
- 8 small wooden skewers
- Dice the melon into 1×1 inch cubes.
- Place 1 tomato on the skewer followed by 1 piece of onion and 1 cube of melon. Repeat this operation for the 8 skewers.
- Heat up a cast pan on high heat.
- Shred the ginger root.
- Melt the coconut oil in the hot pan and add the ginger and honey. Mix a few times while its getting caramelized. About 1 min.
- Add the skewer in the hot pan and let it roast over the ginger. About 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove from the hot pan and keep the caramelized ginger that is at the bottom of it to serve with the skewers.
- It can be eaten hot right away after its done or cold as a side dish or appetizer.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann