FOOD OF THE WEEK – CRUSHED RED CHILI FLAKES
Continuing our series of featuring spices, this week we are using Crushed Red Chili Flakes. From breakfast to lunch to dinner, just a sprinkle of crushed red chili flakes can transform a dish without overpowering it. Bring on the flakes!
WHY CRUSHED RED CHILI FLAKES?
COCONUT CHILI EGGPLANT FRIES
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
40 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 4 cups chopped eggplant in fries shape
- 4 tablespoons cold press olive oil
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon red chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice the eggplant into 5-6 long slices. Then, sprinkle sea salt on them and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Chop the eggplant into fries shape, place them in a bowl.
- Pour the olive oil on them and mix well making sure there is some oil on all of the fries.
- Add the sugar, coconut flour, and the chili flakes. Rub all the fries in the ingredients.
- Lay them on a pre-greased cookie sheet pan and bake them for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven when the fries are getting darker.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann