FOOD OF THE WEEK – ROSEMARY
One of the most aromatic herbs, rosemary’s pronounced scent and lemon-pine flavor can boost nearly any dish. It plays as nicely with heavy, rich beef dishes as it does with olive oil cakes. Plus, this strong, fragrant herb has enough flavor that a little goes a long way.
GRAPE AND POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY FRUIT SALAD
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
20 minutes, 4 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 1 ½ cup green grapes
- 1 ½ cups red grapes
- 2 clementines
- 1 whole pomegranate
- 1 cup fresh carrot juice
- 1 cup fresh and no sugar berry juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Rosemary
- Heat up the 1 cup of fruit juice along with the freshly chopped rosemary. When it reaches a boil, turn off the heat and cover the pot to infuse the rosemary into the juice.
- In the meantime, wash and slice the grapes in half. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and peel the clementine.
- Add all the fruits into a bowl and pour the fresh and cold carrot juice on it.
- When the fruit juice is cold, add it into the fruit with the carrot juice. You can place the pot into the freezer to speed up the cool down process.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann