FOOD OF THE WEEK – ROSEMARY
One of the most aromatic herbs, rosemary’s pronounced scent and lemon-pine flavor can boost nearly any dish. It plays as nicely with heavy, rich beef dishes as it does with olive oil cakes. Plus, this strong, fragrant herb has enough flavor that a little goes a long way.
MANGO BEET ROSEMARY LIME SALAD
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
15 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, raw, vegan.
- 1 cup of raw beets, diced into tiny cubes
- 1 ½ cup mango diced in tiny cubes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 limes zest
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Peel the beets and mango. Dice them into small pieces.
- Mix everything together along with the zest and lime juice.
- To infuse the salad with all the different flavors, let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann