FOOD OF THE WEEK – BRUSSELS SPROUTS!
WHY BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
Brussels sprouts can be boiled, steamed, oven roasted, braised, grilled and even enjoyed raw. Plus, 1 cup of raw Brussels sprouts is high in vitamin C and vitamin K and a good source of vitamin A, dietary fiber, folate, vitamin B6, manganese, potassium.
BROCCOLI AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS SOUP
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
30 minutes, 3 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 8 brussels sprouts
- 1 ½ cup broccoli heads
- 1 zucchini
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cold press olive oil
- ¼ cup roasted sesame seeds
- Sea salt and pepper
- Dice broccoli, brussels sprouts, zucchini, and onion. Cook in the vegetable broth for a minimum of 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend the whole soup into a creamy mixture, along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, sea salt, and pepper as you wish.
- Serve hot!
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann