FOOD OF THE WEEK – CRANBERRIES!
Lustrous, deep, scarlet red cranberries are the berry of choice during the holidays lending their festive color and tart flavor to seasonal celebrations.
Fresh, frozen, dried or juiced, cranberries are naturally tart and sour — though dried and frozen varieties are sometimes sweetened — and have become a holiday must-have for condiments to salads to baked goods to stuffings. Plus, a 55g serving of whole, raw cranberries is a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber and manganese.
BANANA CRANBERRY COOKIES
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
10 minutes +12 minutes of cooking, 14 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cranberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup date paste
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh oranges zest
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl along with the date paste. Then, add all the other ingredients into it.
- Mix well and scoop 14 servings of cookies dough and lay them on a greased cookie pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 400F.
- Let them cool down and bit and keep them into the fridge for a longer shelf life.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann