FOOD OF THE WEEK – CRANBERRIES!
Lustrous, deep, scarlet red cranberries are the berry of choice during the holidays lending their festive color and tart flavor to seasonal celebrations.
Fresh, frozen, dried or juiced, cranberries are naturally tart and sour — though dried and frozen varieties are sometimes sweetened — and have become a holiday must-have for condiments to salads to baked goods to stuffings. Plus, a 55g serving of whole, raw cranberries is a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber and manganese.
CRANBERRY VANILLA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
5 minutes, 1 serving, 350 calories per serving, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup cranberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup raspberries, frozen
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Add cranberries, raspberries, banana, protein powder, Greek yogurt and almond milk to blender.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann