FOOD OF THE WEEK – CRANBERRIES!
Lustrous, deep, scarlet red cranberries are the berry of choice during the holidays lending their festive color and tart flavor to seasonal celebrations.
Fresh, frozen, dried or juiced, cranberries are naturally tart and sour — though dried and frozen varieties are sometimes sweetened — and have become a holiday must-have for condiments to salads to baked goods to stuffings. Plus, a 55g serving of whole, raw cranberries is a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber and manganese.
KALE AND CRANBERRY SALAD
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
15 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, vegan, raw.
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups raw carrots sticks
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons cold press avocado oil
- ½ cup raw or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces and place them into a salad bowl.
- Place all the ingredients from the dressing and blend them into a blender or a food processor.
- Pour the blended dressing in the salad bowl and toss well covering all the vegetables.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann