FOOD OF THE WEEK – LAMB
Perfect for burgers, oven roasting or grilling — lamb is a versatile meat and can be prepared quickly for a meal on the fly, or simmered for hours in a rich and hearty stew.
Lamb offers more than great flavor and endless possibilities. Three-ounces of cooked lamb is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, niacin, zinc and selenium.
APPLE MAPLE LAMB RIBS
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
45 minutes, 2 servings, 355 calories per serving, gluten-free, dairy-free.
- 2 Organic Lamb Ribs
- ¼ of cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ of cup of soya sauce, gluten-free.
- 1 apple
- 4 tablespoons of fresh ginger root, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Add fresh veggies to serve as a side dish.
- In a medium sized oven safe ceramic bowl, put all the ingredients together and cook for 30-40 minutes at 350F. You may want to cut the apple in quarters and when you grate the ginger be sure to grate it very fine.
- Use the juice from the cooking to pour on your meat afterwards. Serve with veggies of your choice.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann