FOOD OF THE WEEK – LAMB
Perfect for burgers, oven roasting or grilling — lamb is a versatile meat and can be prepared quickly for a meal on the fly, or simmered for hours in a rich and hearty stew.
Lamb offers more than great flavor and endless possibilities. Three-ounces of cooked lamb is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, niacin, zinc and selenium.
PULLED LAMB SANDWICHES
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 1 lamb shank about 1 pound
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped + extra for serving
- 2-3 buns for the sandwiches
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- Heat up a pan on high heat.
- Place the lamb into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes all around.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl that can go in the oven, except for the buns, tomato, and lettuces.
- Lay the lamb in the coconut mixture and bake in the oven at 375F for 90 minutes. Keep covered as it cooks.
- 2-3 times during the cooking session, turn the meat over in the sauce.
- The lamb will be ready when you can peel the meat with a fork easily.
- Grill the buns. Use a little bit of the cooking sauce to spread on the buns. Fill the buns with pulled lamb and garnish with lettuce and tomatoes slices and a little bit more fresh chopped mint leaves.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann