FOOD OF THE WEEK – LAMB
Perfect for burgers, oven roasting or grilling — lamb is a versatile meat and can be prepared quickly for a meal on the fly, or simmered for hours in a rich and hearty stew.
Lamb offers more than great flavor and endless possibilities. Three-ounces of cooked lamb is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, niacin, zinc and selenium.
BAKED LAMB MEATBALLS
By: Jason Jaksetic
- 1 lbs ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot chili pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- Heat up oven on broil. Line a cookie tray with foil.
- Mix all ingredients into bowl.
- Make palm-sized meatballs with the ground lamb. Don’t pack them too tight. Lay them on the tin foil.
- Cook in oven for 8-10 minutes. For best results place on baking rack 3 inches from top of oven and heating element.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann