This week is dedicated to to chicken! Chicken is a wonderfully versatile ingredient. Its mild flavor, ability to take on flavors from sweet to extra-spicy and relatively quick cooking time means it can be used in so many ways. It’s almost impossible to get tired of it. Plus, three ounces of cooked chicken is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, selenium and phosphorus.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
15 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, dairy free, egg free.
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 organic cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 medium sized whole tomato
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- 3 cups fresh lettuces leaves
- Chop the cooked chicken into small pieces and place it into a bowl.
- Mash the cooked white beans with a fork. Add them to the chicken and mix.
- Chop the vegetables and herbs into small pieces as well. Mix in with the chicken and beans.
- Add all the spices and oil remaining and mix well.
- Lay down a bed of lettuce and scoop some chicken creamy salad mix onto the bed of salad.
- You could use this mix to spread onto a wrap or bread to make a healthy protein packed sandwich.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann