This week is dedicated to to chicken! Chicken is a wonderfully versatile ingredient. Its mild flavor, ability to take on flavors from sweet to extra-spicy and relatively quick cooking time means it can be used in so many ways. It’s almost impossible to get tired of it. Plus, three ounces of cooked chicken is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, selenium and phosphorus.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
50 minutes, 3 servings, gluten-free, dairy free, egg free.
- 6 Organic large chicken drumsticks (skinless if possible)
- 1¾ cups of light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 cups large cauliflower heads
- 2 cups rutabaga, diced
- Pre heat the oven at 400F.
- Mix all the spices and coconut milk in a bowl. Add the chicken drumsticks into the milk and spices.
- Chop the rutabaga into medium sized cubes.
- Place all the vegetables into a large glass bowl and pour the chicken and sauce all over them.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with rice or quinoa if you wish.
Original post at Spartan.com.
Don’t forget, eating right is only a part of great health and wellness! Don’t forget to check out our Workout of the Day. Also, get your proper vitamins and supplements here.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann