Fall is in the air and apples are on the trees…so let’s use them! If an apple a day seems improbable, perhaps it’s time to take a closer look at this fruit’s versatility. From sandwiches to salads and sweet to savory, apples can easily be incorporated into meals all day long.
Bonus Recipe: Pears and apples are both in the rose family of flowering plants — also known as Rosaceae. Apricots, cherries, peaches, and other fruit also belong to this family.
15 minutes, 4 servings, 248 calories per serving, vegan, gluten-free optional
- 1 cup diced kale
- 1 red apple
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ciabatta bread rolls (gluten-free optional)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt and fresh thyme
- Chop all the veggies and fruit into very small pieces.
- Mix pieces into a bowl with the lemon juice, sea salt and fresh thyme.
- Slice the bread rolls horizontally to have 3 layers.
- Toast the bread and spread some coconut oil on them.
- Slice each layer of bread diagonally to end up with some triangles.
- Garnish the bread with the mix of veggies and eat right away.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann