Fall is in the air and apples are on the trees…so let’s use them! If an apple a day seems improbable, perhaps it’s time to take a closer look at this fruit’s versatility. From sandwiches to salads and sweet to savory, apples can easily be incorporated into meals all day long.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
30 minutes, 4 servings, gluten-free, pescaterian.
- 4 haddock fillets
- 4 tablespoons spices blend (cinnamon, mustard, nutmeg, Jamaican pepper)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large apple
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pre heat the oven to 375F.
- Slice the apple into thin slices.
- Rub each fish filet in the sea salt and mixed spices.
- Heat up a pan with the coconut oil in it. Cook the fish, for 2 minutes on each side.
- At the last minute pour the apple juice and cider vinegar into the hot pan with the filet in it. Wait a few seconds and then remove from the heat.
- Lay some apple slices on each filet and a bake in the over for an extra 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold on a salad.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann