Fall is in the air and apples are on the trees…so let’s use them! If an apple a day seems improbable, perhaps it’s time to take a closer look at this fruit’s versatility. From sandwiches to salads and sweet to savory, apples can easily be incorporated into meals all day long.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
15 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, vegan, raw.
- 2 large green apples
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cold press olive oil
- ⅓ cup raw walnuts
- ⅓ cup raw Brazilian nuts
- ⅓ cup raw pecan nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chive, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Dice all the fruits and veggies into small cubes.
- Carefully chop the nuts.
- Mix everything; add the oil, lemon juice, herbs, and sea salt.
- Serve as is or with a slice of smoked salmon.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann