Fall is in the air and apples are on the trees…so let’s use them! If an apple a day seems improbable, perhaps it’s time to take a closer look at this fruit’s versatility. From sandwiches to salads and sweet to savory, apples can easily be incorporated into meals all day long.
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
30 minutes, 6 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked white beans or lima beans
- 1 large apple, about 1.5 cups diced apples
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 small potato
- 2 tablespoons cold press olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Dice the apple, potato, and onion. Cook them in the vegetable broth along with the beans.
- Let it simmer on medium heat for a good 25 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sea salt, and pepper as you wish.
- Serve hot.
Original post at Spartan Race.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann