Eggplant Pizza Bites
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1″ thick rounds*
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
- Any of your favourite toppings
- Cooking spray
- 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl toss to coat eggplant with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare tomato sauce by mixing together tomato sauce, garlic powder and oregano. Or use your any jarred tomato sauce, preferably all natural or organic. I used about 1.5 cups and saved leftovers for future use.
- Place eggplant on baking sheets and bake for 5 minutes, flip and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each round with a heaping 1 tbsp of tomato sauce, any of your favourite toppings and 1 tbsp cheese. Broil on High until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot or cold. Makes a great snack, appetizer or a side dish. Tastes even better cold the next day.
*You might end up with 8 – 11 slices per eggplant, depending on its size. You have enough tomato sauce and cheese for all eggplant slices, even the ends.
Original post at ifoodreal.com.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann