SESAME BEEF LASAGNA ON A ZUCCHINI NOODLE
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
30 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, dairy free
- ½ cup black beans, cooked
- ½ pound organic ground beef
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- Ground pepper
- Cayenne pepper
Note: I decided to cut a part of the beef by using a part of beans. This way, you will get different source of protein and vitamins and make sure to not over eat red meat.
- Heat up a saucepan and cook the ground beef, garlic, and all the spices for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the black beans and tomato sauce and let simmer on medium/low heat for another 5 minutes or until the sauce becomes thicker.
- Heat up some water in a small saucepan. When it comes to a boil, put the pre sliced zucchini in water for 30-60 seconds maximum. Then remove right away.
- Lay some zucchini slices flat on a plate and pour some sauce on them. Keep repeating this operation for 2-3 times high. Then garnish with the chopped fresh tomato and scallions.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Original post at Spartan.com.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann