CARROT AND BEEF HOT DOG
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
30 minutes, 4 servings, gluten-free, dairy free.
- ½ pound organic ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch husk powder or xanthan gum (for texture)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- Ground pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 4 hot dog buns of your choice, ideally gluten-free and whole-grain.
- Few lettuce leaves to garnish
- Why don’t we just make our own hot dogs instead of buying commercial that probably contains a lots of junk that we don’t want to eat. This version of hotdog is even better; it gives you a portion of vegetable and protein at the same time. Enjoy!
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the dogs, except for the potato flour. Form 4 dogs with your hand of about 5-6 inches long.
- Let them sit in the fridge for 10 minutes. This will allow the chia seeds and husk powder to become a little bit jelly and hold things better.
- Pour the potato flour on a plate and roll each dog into it.
- Heat up a pan and cook them 2.5 minutes on high heat on each side, for a total of 5 minutes.
- You could use a BBQ grill if you want to cook them as well. Be careful to not break them as you turn them on the grill.
- Dice the fresh tomato and scallions and mix them together.
- Grill your buns a little bit, add some mustard or other condiment that you wish to add. Lay a bed of lettuce at the bottom of the bun, add the hotdog and then a scoop of chopped tomato on top.
Original post at Spartan.com.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann