As a salute to the unofficial end of summer, we’ll give you some year round recipes for ground beef. Ground beef adds tons of flavor to dishes, and having it at the ready means you’ve got the foundation for plenty of meals.
Why Ground Beef?
The versatility of ground beef goes beyond burgers, tacos and meatballs. Top salads, pizzas and pastas. Master meatloaf — and meatloaf sandwiches! Serve Sloppy Joes or stir-fries. Stuff bell peppers. Thankfully ground beef is more than a flavor booster, it is also a good source of protein and vitamin B12.
THAI GINGER AND BEEF SOUP
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
20 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, dairy free.
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 100g organic ground beef
- 100g rice noodle
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 teaspoon curry leaf, dried
- Ground pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- ¼ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- Heat up the vegetable broth in a medium size sauce pan. Bring it to a boil, add the rice noodle and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the chopped onion.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, shredded ginger root, crushed coriander seeds, curry leaf, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Form about 12 small balls of 1 inch wide.
- Place the meatballs in the broth and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, remove the soup from the heat and add the chopped vegetables and leaves remaining.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Original post at Spartan.com.
Are you looking for a little help with starting your weight loss? Try out our 24 Day Challenge!
Have a great day!
Dave & Maryann